- The Best Wedding App isn’t a place for antagonistic, explicit, false, or misleading, harmful, hateful, or violent content or behaviour. We may remove, limit, or block the distribution of such content and the accounts, individuals, groups, and domains that create or spread it based on how much harm it poses.
- We’re committed to presenting you with clear and transparent expectations that are easy to understand and follow. If you have questions or encounter problems on The Best Wedding App, please email email@example.com.
- We are able to cancel any listing or block any User/Supplier of The Best Wedding App at our discretion.
- We remind Users/Suppliers that The Best Wedding App, despite these Community Guidelines, are not responsible for, or obligated to, fulfill contracts between Users. We recommend that such contracts or agreements are to be signed by both parties entering into the contract or agreement.
- We remind Users/Suppliers that we do not permit the advertisement or promotion of other Wedding/Event Directories on The Best Wedding App.
The Best Wedding App isn’t a place for pornography. We limit the distribution of or remove mature and explicit content, including:
- Fetish imagery
- Vivid sexual descriptions
- Graphic depictions of sexual activity
- Images of nudity where the poses, camera angles, or props suggest pornographic intent
The Best Wedding App isn’t a place for exploitation of people or animals. We’ll remove or limit the distribution of content and accounts involved in practices that pose harm to people or animals, including sexual, physical, or financial exploitation. That includes:
- Sexualisation or sexual exploitation of minors, like grooming, sexual remarks, or inappropriate imagery. If we find it, we’ll report it to relevant authorities such as the Australian Federal Police, ThinkUKnow or the Virtual Global Taskforce.
- Non-consensual images, meaning images of a private or sexual nature obtained or published without consent. This includes revenge porn and up-skirt images.
- Adult sexual services that may involve sexual or physical exploitation or trafficking, like sex cams and escort services.
- Human trafficking, slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour.
- Other illegal commercial exploitation, like trading in organs or products made from human remains or body parts.
- The sale of wild animals or protected and endangered wildlife.
- Corpses, animal parts or products derived from cat or dog parts, or protected and endangered wildlife, including ivory.
- Irresponsible and harmful animal tourism or otherwise exploitative practices like organised animal fighting.
The Best Wedding App isn’t a place for hateful content or the people and groups that promote hateful activities. We limit the distribution of or remove such content and accounts, including:
- Slurs or negative stereotypes, caricatures, and generalisations
- Support for hate groups and people promoting hateful activities, prejudice and conspiracy theories
- Condoning or trivialising violence because of a victim’s membership in a vulnerable or protected group
- Support for white supremacy, limiting women’s rights and other discriminatory ideas
- Hate-based conspiracy theories and misinformation, like Holocaust denial
- Denial of an individual’s gender identity or sexual orientation, and support for conversion therapy and related programs
- Attacks on individuals including public figures based on their membership in a vulnerable or protected group
- Mocking or attacking the beliefs, sacred symbols, movements, or institutions of the protected or vulnerable groups identified below:
- Protected and vulnerable groups include: People grouped together based on their actual or perceived race, colour, caste, ethnicity, immigration status, national origin, religion or faith, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition. It also includes people who are grouped together based on lower socio-economic status, age, weight or size, pregnancy, or veteran status.
The Best Wedding App isn’t a place for misinformation, disinformation, mal-information or the individuals or groups spreading or creating it. We remove or limit distribution of false or misleading content that may harm Pinners’ or the public’s well-being, safety, or trust, including:
- Medically unsupported health claims that risk public health and safety, including the promotion of false cures, anti-vaccination advice, or misinformation about public health or safety emergencies
- False or misleading content about individuals or protected groups that promotes fear, hate or prejudice
- False or misleading content that encourages turning individuals, groups of people, places or organisations into targets of harassment or physical violence
- Conspiracy theories
- Content that originates from disinformation campaigns
- Factual information that’s published or deliberately modified to erode trust or inflict harm, such as changing or omitting of context, date or time
- Fabricated or meaningfully manipulated visual or audio content that erodes trust or causes harm
Harassment and criticism
The Best Wedding App isn’t a place to insult, hurt or antagonise individuals or groups of people. There are good reasons to express criticism, but we may limit the distribution of or remove insulting content to keep The Best Wedding App a positive, inspiring place; this includes:
- Manipulated images intended to degrade or shame
- Shaming people for their bodies or assumed sexual or romantic history
- Sexual remarks about people’s bodies and solicitations or offers of sexual acts
- Criticisms involving name-calling, profanity and other insulting language or imagery
- Mocking someone for experiencing sadness, grief, loss or outrage
We don’t allow content that reveals personal or sensitive information. We remove:
- Personal ID and passport information
- Private contact information and addresses
- Online login information (usernames and passwords)
- Photos of private people that they don’t want posted online
- Personal financial or medical history
- If you come across unwanted photos of or information about you, you can reach out to us at [firstname.lastname@example.org.] You’ll find an option for exposed private information under “Report a policy violation.”
Self-injury and harmful behaviour
The Best Wedding App isn’t a place for content that displays, rationalises, or encourages suicide, self-injury, eating disorders or substance abuse. We’ll limit the distribution of or remove such content, including:
- Self-harm instructions
- Suicidal thinking and quotes
- Graphic or otherwise triggering imagery or descriptions of self-harm
- Promotion of self-harm
- Mocking of people who self-harm or who have attempted or died by suicide
- Images of accessories used to self-harm
- Negative self-talk and insensitive humour about self-harming behaviour
- Suicide pacts, challenges and hoaxes
Graphic Violence and Threats
The Best Wedding App isn’t a place for graphic violence or threatening language. We limit the distribution of or remove such content, including:
- Content that shows the use of violence
- Disturbing scenes from before or after violent events
- Threats or language that glorifies violence
- In a few cases, we allow the saving of disturbing images dedicated to remembrance and advocacy, but limit distribution of such content in public parts of the platform.
The Best Wedding App isn’t a place for violent content, groups, or individuals. We limit the distribution of or remove content and accounts that encourage, praise, promote, or provide aid to dangerous actors or groups and their activities. This includes:
- Terrorist organisations
- Gangs and other criminal organisations
Dangerous goods and activities
The Best Wedding App isn’t a place for trading or selling of certain regulated goods - products or substances that can cause harm when used, altered, or manufactured irresponsibly - or for the display or encouragement of dangerous activities. We limit the distribution of or remove such content and accounts, including:
- Individuals and unlicensed retailers offering to sell, purchase or trade alcohol, tobacco, drugs and weapons, including firearms and accessories, firearm parts or attachments, or ammunition
- Content from or about unverified, unapproved or rogue online pharmacies
- Offers, attempts, or instructions to bypass purchasing laws and regulation
- Instructions for creating lethal or toxic substances
- Instructions for creating lethal weapons, like bombs or grenades, including 3d printed weapons
- Commercial sales of marijuana, marijuana products and paraphernalia
- Commercial sales of certain weapons and attachments
- Harmful pranks or challenges that risk imminent physical harm or extreme emotional distress, especially if showing or encouraging the participation of minors
We do not allow the depiction, promotion, or trade of firearms, ammunition, firearm accessories, or explosive weapons. We also prohibit instructions on how to manufacture those weapons. Content as part of a museum's collection, carried by a police officer, in a military parade, or used in a safe and controlled environment such as a shooting range may be allowed.
Do not post, upload, stream, or share:
- Content that displays firearms, firearm accessories, ammunition, or explosive weapons
- Content that offers the purchase, sale, trade, or solicitation of firearms, accessories, ammunition, explosive weapons, or instructions on how to manufacture them
Drugs, controlled substances, alcohol, and tobacco
- We do not allow the depiction, promotion, or trade of drugs or other controlled substances. The trade of tobacco and alcohol products is also prohibited on the platform.
Do not post, upload, stream, or share:
- Content that depicts or promotes drugs, drug consumption, or encourages others to make, use, or trade drugs or other controlled substances
- Content that offers the purchase, sale, trade, or solicitation of drugs or other controlled substances, alcohol or tobacco products (including vaping products)
- Content that provides information on how to buy illegal or controlled substances
- Content that depicts or promotes the making of illicit alcohol products
- Content that depicts or promotes the misuse of legal substances, or instruction on how to make homemade substances, in an effort to become intoxicated
Frauds and scams
- We do not permit anyone to exploit our platform to take advantage of the trust of users and bring about financial or personal harm. We remove content that deceives people in order to gain an unlawful financial or personal advantage, including schemes to defraud individuals or steal assets.
- We do not allow Suppliers who fail to attend an Event, or cancel within fourteen (14) days of an Event use The Best Wedding App. At our discretion, we are able to remove those Suppliers from our App, and will not be held responsible for any repercussions caused by a Supplier on our App, who we have or have not removed.
Do not post, upload, stream, or share:
- Content that depicts or promotes phishing
- Content that depicts or promotes Ponzi, multi-level marketing, or pyramid schemes
- Content that depicts or promotes investment schemes with promise of high returns, fixed betting, or any other types of scams
- We do not allow content promoting gambling services, or that could be perceived as advertising for casinos, sports betting, or any other commercial gambling activity.
Do not post, upload, stream, or share:
- Content that promotes casinos, sports betting, poker, lotteries, gambling-related software and apps, or other gambling services
- We don’t allow accounts that impersonate or misrepresent their affiliation with any person or organisation. If you have a fan or commentary account for a public figure or brand, make it clear through your username or The Best Wedding App profile that you aren’t officially affiliated with them.
- You agree that you are a Registered Business in your Country of Operation, with a valid Australian Business Name (or Country of Operation equivalent) and hold Public Liability Insurance. You further agree, for Celebrants, that you are able to legally perform weddings in your Country of Operation.
Sustainable and Ethically Compliant Vendors
The Best Wedding App understands that in every wedding business there are different ways in which your business may follow sustainable practises. We, at The Best Wedding App believe that Sustainable business practices are characterised by environmentally-friendly practices initiated by a particular company for the purposes of becoming a more sustainable organisation.
If you tick you are ethically compliant and Sustainable then sustainability should underpin what happens in your day-to-day business practises. In other words, it should be embedded in the routines and practices of your business daily. From using cruelty free makeup, to going paperless, to recycling flowers and hiring plates and chairs. We understand that this can be done in a multitude of different ways between varying businesses within the industry.
If you tick the box that says you are ethically compliant then you must be able to demonstrate to your clients what avenues you follow to ensure your business is sustainable and environmentally friendly.
If you mislead your customers to believe you follow these practises and you cannot demonstrate that you do, then The Best Wedding App has the ability to remove you from the platform for false advertising.
The Best Wedding App urges our couples to do their own due-diligence when connecting with suppliers who have nominated themselves as an ethical and sustainable business. You must be able to satisfy your own personal judgement that this supplier is right for you.
Intellectual property and other rights
To respect the rights of people on and off The Best Wedding App, please:
- Don’t infringe anyone's intellectual property, privacy, or other rights.
- Don’t do anything or post any content that violates laws or regulations.
- Don’t use The Best Wedding App’s name, logo or trademark in a way that confuses people
A reminder that The Best Wedding App controls and owns any and all reviews published on our App
Site security and access
To protect The Best Wedding App platform, we ask that you please:
- Don’t access, use, or tamper with our systems or our technical providers’ systems.
- Don’t break or circumvent our security measures or test the vulnerability of our systems or networks.
- Don’t use any undocumented or unsupported method to access, search, scrape, download or change any part of The Best Wedding App.
- Don’t try to reverse engineer our software.
- Don’t try to interfere with people on The Best Wedding App or our hosts or networks, like sending a virus, overloading, spamming or mail-bombing.
- Don’t collect or store personally identifiable information from The Best Wedding App or people on The Best Wedding App without permission.
- Don’t share your password, let anyone access your account or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Don’t attempt to buy or sell access to your account, boards, or usernames, or otherwise transfer account features for compensation.
- Threats of blackmail or hacking another individual's account
- Content that incites or encourages others to hack or reveal another person's account, personal data, or personally identifiable information (PII)
The Best Wedding App Review Guidelines:
The Supplier and Couples agree to the following:
- You must disclose Your Relationship with the Endorser.
- You must ensure that the testimonials are accurate.
- The Best Wedding app will not prevent consumers from seeing the whole picture of genuine, relevant and lawful reviews.
- You agree to not write, commission or publish fake reviews or testimonials.
- You will disclose ant payment of any incentive in relation to the reviews.
- You will disclose other relevant commercial relationships.
The Best Wedding App will:
- We will remove, or tag as suspicious, reviews where the content is reasonably suspected of being fake, offensive or defamatory. This is done at our own discretion.
- We will give businesses whose products are reviewed the opportunity to challenge respond to user reviews in the same place where the reviews are published however must be done appropriately and not in breach of any TBWA’s rules with respect to online conduct;
- We will investigate complaints about reviews but only remove them if there appears to be a proper foundation for the complaint. Reviews will be entirely at our sole discretion.
- We will not apply disproportionately more rigorous processes in moderating negative reviews than positive reviews.
- We will implement procedures to stop negatively reviewed businesses from "phoenixing" under a different name.
We want the inspiration and ideas on The Best Wedding App to be high-quality and useful, so we remove spam when we find it. We ask that you be considerate of others' experiences on The Best Wedding App and don't spread spam or engage in spammy behaviour.
Our guidelines around spam are:
- Don't use automation that hasn't been explicitly approved by The Best Wedding App. This includes unauthorised services that automatically perform actions on your behalf.
- Don't create or operate accounts that aren't authentic, create accounts en masse, or create new accounts for the purpose of violating these guidelines.
- Don't create or save content that is repetitive, deceptive, or irrelevant in an attempt to make money.
- Don't link to websites that are unsafe, deceptive, untrustworthy, unoriginal, or that facilitate or encourage spam. Websites should have original content that adds unique value for Pinners.
- Don't send unsolicited messages or make irrelevant comments in bulk, especially when these are deceptive or commercial in nature.
- Don't attempt to artificially manipulate distribution, clicks or other metrics, including but not limited to: buying or selling engagement, "stuffing" irrelevant keywords, generating inauthentic traffic, redirecting existing Pins to new destinations, using fake or compromised accounts to perform coordinated actions.
- Don't attempt to evade our anti-spam systems, for example, by using shorteners, redirects or intermediate websites to obscure a link's final destination.
Paid Partnership guidelines
What is a Paid Partnership?
- We define a Paid Partnership as any sponsored or branded content on The Best Wedding App that features or is influenced by a business partner for an exchange of value, such as if a business partner has paid or otherwise incentivised a user to save the content.
What are the Guidelines?
All Paid Partnerships must disclose the commercial nature of their content. In addition to abiding by these guidelines, users that participate in Paid Partnerships are responsible for complying with:
- All applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, all advertising laws …
- All applicable disclosures required to indicate the commercial nature of your content (such as the use of #ad to indicate that your content is a Paid Partnership).
- Paid Partnerships must adhere to guidelines.
To prevent inauthentic content and behaviour:
- Make sure you’re posting relevant content
- Keep the content of your posts high-quality and avoid spammy behaviour.
- Save content you have an authentic interest in.
Don't incentivise or pay people to distribute content in large volumes, in spammy ways.
Lastly, be sure to follow all relevant laws and regulations.